Nicros is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Graphic Design + Marketing Specialist
- Traveling Construction
Climbing Wall Designer
Nicros, Inc. prides itself on offering the finest products, training programs, and customer service in the climbing industry today. Since 1992, Nicros has been leading the climbing industry in the construction and design of climbing facilities, the development of handhold and training products, and professional services.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and passionate designer to oversee and manage all our climbing wall designs. Selected candidate will be involved in all phases of the project from concept design to shop drawings. Potential projects include home bouldering wall, universities and rec. center climbing /bouldering walls to new climbing gyms from the ground up. Experience with Revit, 3D representation and commercial construction projects required. Climbing experience and knowledge of the Outdoor Industry is preferred but not required.
- Work closely with Sales and Project Management Team to prepare designs and 3D renderings for climbing wall project proposals, presentations, and construction applications.
- Assist and participate in pre-construction design meetings and conference calls with clients.
- Handle phone calls and client questions related to climbing wall design and construction.
- Assist with various project coordination tasks (i.e. preparing construction shop drawings, cut sheets, sourcing materials, equip. etc.)
- May be required to travel to projects, industry tradeshows, and visit clients periodically (travel less than 10%).
- College Degree or Completion of Certificate Program (Preferred)
- 2 – 5 years of Drafting, Design, Construction Experience
- Experience in AutoCAD 2015, Revit 2015, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office Products
- Dynamic, Motivated, Driven, Professional and Articulate
- Climbing Experience (Preferred)
Salary will be determined by experience, knowledge of climbing industry and related skills.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Once reviewed, our team will contact you regarding the next step. No phone calls please.
Graphic Design + Marketing Specialist
Vertical Endeavors and Nicros are currently searching for a highly creative Graphic Design + Marketing Specialist. In this position, you will collaborate with our management and sales team to develop and produce print and web-based materials. You will serve as the design point person to fulfill assignments and be integral in the ideation, creation and distribution of promotional materials for Vertical Endeavors and Nicros. Additionally, the Graphic Design + Marketing Specialist will play an integral part in the implementation, ongoing management and growth of the social media presence for both companies.
Experience + Qualifications:
- Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Advertising and/or related fields
- Portfolio displaying exceptional design capabilities
- Experience working with HTML/WordPress and Magento eCommerce platforms
- Knowledge of designing for digital formats and preparing files for print
- Proficiency in designing with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Excel and Word
- Experience writing, editing and crafting content for promotional materials
- Excellent communication and professional writing skills are imperative
- Interest in the climbing/outdoor industry preferred
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Vimeo
- Background writing, editing and crafting content for the social media space
- Understanding of current social media trends preferred
- Experience with photography/videography preferred
- Experience working in a PC environment preferred
Duties + Responsibilities:
- Design print materials including posters, handouts, brochures, banners, branded items and apparel
- Design digital media for web and social applications
- Design and provide artwork for publication insertions on an assigned schedule
- Create weekly email marketing campaigns using MailChimp and maintain contact lists
- Help define and execute marketing campaigns and promotions
- Help maintain company websites using both WordPress and Magento eCommerce
- Coordinate and execute photography projects
- Update and create artwork for all marketing efforts
- Perform extensive market research
- Identify new market opportunities
- Create questionnaires and surveys
- Generate reports that analyze competition and customers
- Develop social media strategies for Vertical Endeavors and Nicros
- Outline social media content needs for the marketing team
- Create social media marketing campaigns/promotions
- Offer new ideas and contribute to the existing marketing strategy
- Understand both companies’ target markets and general marketing principles
- Understand competitive pricing and ensure high quality standards when purchasing materials
- Attend trade shows and conventions as needed
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Ambitious self-starter
- Able to balance multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
- Dependable and punctual
- Displays professionalism and integrity
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written communication)
Benefits + Compensation:
- Pay will be determined by level of experience and qualifications
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Retirement Program (once eligible)
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Free membership to all Vertical Endeavors climbing facilities
- Substantial gear discounts and employee pro deals
All interested applicants, please email portfolio, résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic Design + Marketing Specialist” to be considered for this position.
Nicros Climbing Wall Systems is looking for highly motivated individuals interested in the construction of custom-designed climbing walls.
Employees will participate in all facets of the building process. Employees will begin with work on the steel framework and work through to the hand-sculpted cement work that gives our walls their realistic look and feel.
Construction experience is required. Experience with cement work, various forklifts, aerial lifts, and arc (stick) welding is preferred. Reading and execution of blueprints/shop drawings, welding certification, and climbing background would be a definite plus. This position will require that employees travel to projects across the country for 4–8 week periods of time.
Pay level will be determined by level of experience and employee qualifications. Typical starting pay is $15/hr+ DOQ. If you enjoy traveling to fascinating places and you’re interested in building exciting and unique climbing walls, please contact us via email.
Please email cover letter and resume to: Dewey Horstman – firstname.lastname@example.org